How to Delete Your Instagram Account
Delete Your Instagram Account
Facebook, the firm that owns Instagram, continues to be a polarizing topic of conversation. That’s not going to change anytime soon, so if you don’t trust Facebook, you probably shouldn’t trust Instagram either. Follow these steps to permanently deactivate your Instagram account. A billion dollars seemed like a lot when Facebook purchased Instagram in 2012, but in today’s social media landscape, the price tag looks like a steal. Instagram is rapidly expanding, making it one of the most important social media platforms despite its close relationship with Facebook. The steady flow of users leaving Facebook over the past few years has not harmed Instagram.
Disabling Instagram Temporarily
However, there are other Instagram users who are so wary of Facebook that they don’t want anything to do with the company at all. When compared to the numerous hurdles Facebook places in the way of users who wish to remove their accounts, the procedure of deleting an Instagram account is fairly straightforward. Before you delete your Instagram account, you may wish to save your photos.
How to Delete Your Instagram Account
- Insta-account deletion instructions
- Now, then, let’s proceed. Visit the Instagram deletion page and sign in to your account to confirm the deletion.
- First, launch the Instagram app and sign in. Then, in the upper right corner of the screen, press the three-line menu symbol.
- The second step is to go to your account’s settings.
- Third, select the Delete Account option. Verify the removal.
- Once again, Instagram will inquire… Do you really think that
- Fourth, confirm once again.
Instagram makes it more difficult to delete posts, which may be seen as either frustrating or helpful, depending on your perspective. Instagram will inquire as to why you wish to remove it. Both your answer and password are required for access. When you are ready to permanently deactivate your account, click the deactivate @username option on this page.
How to delete an Instagram account on Android?
Instagram’s official Android app is great, but for some reason you can’t remove your account from within the app as you can on the iPhone version. It’s strange, but you can easily figure it out by firing up your favorite web browser and following the steps outlined below. You may also cancel your Instagram account from any web browser if you don’t have access to the app on your current phone or if you use an Android device.
All you need is a mobile browser (like Safari or Chrome on your phone) to follow these instructions!
- First, log onto Instagram via their website.
- Go to the Account Deletion page.
- Confirm the removal in Step 3.
- Verify that the username is the same as the one associated with the account you wish to deactivate. If you’re using the wrong Instagram account, you may switch to the proper one by clicking the Log Out button in the top-right corner.
- To delete your Instagram account, please enter your password and select a reason for leaving. If you want to remove your account forever, just click Remove @username at the very bottom.
Steps to download your Instagram data on the iPhone and Android app?
Follow these steps to save your Instagram photos and videos to your iOS or Android device:
- Click on your image down in the right corner.
- Select the menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the top right.
- Click the tab labeled “Your activity.”
- When you’re ready to save your account details, select “Download Your Information.”
- Follow this by selecting “Request Download.” You may have the information sent to a different email address by editing the one that appears.
Tips for Instagram security
Instagram users who are concerned about their personal safety may want to reconsider keeping their account active by learning about the various privacy settings available. The best way to protect yourself from hackers and other snoopers online is to use a virtual private network (VPN) like NordVPN.
Instagram is entertaining, but it also has the ability to compromise your personal safety and even your sanity. Although there are varying points of view on the optimal usage of social media, it is certain that a break is occasionally required. Deactivating or erasing your Instagram account is completely acceptable. When you’re ready to utilize social media again, Instagram and the rest will still be accessible. Whether you want to get rid of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit, or Telegram, we’ve got you covered.