Samsung Galaxy S22: The Best Among The Series
- 1.1 Format of the Samsung Galaxy S22
- 1.2 Indicator for the Samsung Galaxy S22
- 1.3 Photographic Equipment: Samsung Galaxy S22
- 1.4 Power reserve of the Samsung Galaxy S22
- 1.5 The Bottom Line
- 1.6 FAQs
The Samsung Galaxy S22+ (list price: $999.99) is a hit with consumers. It offers excellent battery life, great cameras, a brilliant display, and dependable reception. Nothing here should come as a surprise, considering that Samsung’s Galaxy phones are the obvious picks for most Android users in the US and for existing Samsung device customers who wish to upgrade.
Features Of Samsung Galaxy S22+: In A Nutshell
- Aluminium body (157.4 x 75.8 x 7.6 mm), 195 grammes; Gorilla Glass Victus+ front and back, IP68 dust and water resistance (up to 1.5 m for 30 minutes); Armor aluminium frame with tougher drop and scratch resistance (advertised).
- A 6.60-inch dynamic AMOLED 2X screen with HDR10+, 120 frames per second, 1750 nits (peak), 1080 by 2340 pixels, a 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 393 pixels per inch, and always-on functionality.
- Comes with 10 megapixels (MP), f/2.2, 26 mm (wide), 1/3.24″, 1.22 m, Dual Pixel PDAF front-facing camera.
- Back cameras is of [email protected], [email protected]/60/240fps, [email protected]/60/960fps, HDR10+, stereo sound recording, gyro-EIS. Front camera: [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/240fps, [email protected].
- It has a 4500 mAh battery; quick charging 45W through USB Power Delivery 3.0; wireless charging 15W via fast Qi or PMA; wireless reverse charging 4.5W.
- Other features include a fingerprint scanner (ultrasonic, under the display), NFC, Samsung DeX and Samsung Wireless DeX (desktop experience support), Bixby for voice commands and dictation, Samsung Pay (Visa and MasterCard certified), and Ultra Wideband (UWB) connectivity.
Format of the Samsung Galaxy S22
- There were relatively minor changes from the previous model.
- Available in a variety of stylish colour combinations
- Equipped with a sturdy, back-lit glass panel
Samsung did not want to deviate too much from last year’s Galaxy S21 design, but there are two notable changes. The Galaxy S22 features a 6.1-inch screen, making it smaller than the S21 (by 0.1 inches), but this is unlikely to be an issue for most users. The switch from last year’s plastic back to this year’s Gorilla Glass Victus Plus is immediately apparent.
Indicator for the Samsung Galaxy S22
- Smaller than the S21’s screen, at 6.1 inches
- Includes a 120Hz refresh rate with a resolution of 2340 x 1080.
- Visually stunning presentation
Samsung carved out a little circle from the screen for the 10MP selfie camera. It didn’t bother us at all, even during marathon sessions of PUBG Mobile. This display has the highest possible brightness and visual appeal. Due to the variable refresh rate (10Hz to 120Hz), scrolling, films, and games, all appear fluid and responsive. You can lock the refresh rate at 60Hz if you’re concerned about battery life or at 120Hz if you don’t care about that at all.
Photographic Equipment: Samsung Galaxy S22
- 50-megapixel primary, 12-megapixel ultrawide, and 10-megapixel telephoto lens
- 10-Megapixel Self-Capture Camera
- Options galore for Samsung cameras
Samsung has shaken things up a bit with the Samsung Galaxy S22, despite its superficial similarities to the S21 (including the S21’s contour-cut camera array). While three lenses remain, several of the sensors supporting them have been updated. As before, the 12MP ultrawide f/2.2 camera is joined by the new 50MP f/1.8 primary camera and the 10MP f/2.3 telephoto.
Despite having far fewer pixels than the S21’s 64MP sensor, the final camera’s zoom remains the same at 3x (the S21 listed the zoom as a hybrid; this is optical zoom). Even if the S22 Ultra’s 100x Space Zoom is impressive, you can still have a pleasant time with the digital zoom of up to 30x. Even still, it’s great to have a phone with a 3x optical zoom that costs less than $800.
Power reserve of the Samsung Galaxy S22
- The battery capacity is 3,700 mAh, 300 mAh less than before.
- A USB-C connection, but no wall plug, is supplied.
- Quickly charges at 25W and is compatible with wireless charging.
Not much has changed despite Samsung reducing the Galaxy S22’s battery capacity by 300 mAh (from 4,000 mAh on the S21 to 3,700 mAh here). Our testing showed that the battery lasted for about 12 hours under varying but consistent conditions. Your results may vary. The only accessory included with the phone is a USB-C cord, although it can be charged with any 25W converter or wirelessly using a Qi adaptor.
The Bottom Line
Regarding true Android flagships, Samsung’s Galaxy S22 phones are currently your only option in the US, as they are the only ones now available with a Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 CPU and an X65 modem. Similarly, the OnePlus 10 Pro with comparable specifications may soon be released. Samsung is expected to release the Flip and the Fold with cutting-edge hardware this fall, and Motorola may have something cooking. However, unless their position is challenged, the S22 phones are unrivalled.
Does it make sense to purchase the Samsung Galaxy S22?
If your preferences lean toward the high-end, but your bank account counts more toward the low-end, the Samsung Galaxy S22 is the phone for you.
In what version of Android does Samsung’s Galaxy S22 operate?
The Samsung One UI 4.1 is the skin that the Galaxy S22 range of phones uses on top of Android 12.
In what ways can I obtain help with my Samsung Galaxy S22?
Registering your equipment grants you access Samsung’s excellent customer service.