How To Fix api-ms-win-crt-multibyte-l1-1-0.dll is Missing by download Method
A few days ago my Computer encountered an error stating that API-ms-win-crt-multibyte-l1-1-0.dll is Missing from your computer please reinstall the program to resolve the error. I did the same Uninstalled the software and downloaded the program’s exe file and installed that on my PC. the next part was irritating: The system again encountered the same error. I have started searching for the solution and finally found the fix for that irritating error. I would love to share the technique through which I have resolved this above-mentioned error on my computer. I have tested more than five methods to resolve this issue but what actually worked for me was: api-ms-win-crt-multibyte-l1-1-0.dll download and install.
Table of Contents+
What is the DLL file
DLL is a Runtime Library document created by Microsoft Corporation. .DLL demonstrates its tendency as Dynamic Linked Library. These records contain explicit guidelines for various projects about activities. The fundamental advantage of a DLL document is that. DLL records can be utilized by various projects. Games and Applications created in Visual C++ require this document to run since this is important for Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2015. On the off chance that this document is erased or lost from your Laptop, the projects may show DLL is not found errors. You have the choice of download DLL to determine this issue or try other ways to resolve it.
How To Resolve api-ms-win-crt-multibyte-l1-1-0.dll is missing
- As mentioned in the above paragraph. You need to download the api-ms-win-crt-multibyte-l1-1-0.dll file.
- Once you download it from the online archive of PickDLL you have to extract it, Due to malware attacks, files are secured through compressing.
- You have to unzip the file. to unzip you have to right-click on the downloaded folder and click on the extract option there. select the path where you want to extract the file.
- Once you did it. Put the file on DLL files location I will mention the location of DLL files below here.
- Different versions of windows have different files to store DLLs. If you are using windows 7 you should place the file in C:\Windows\System32\ directory.
Where To Place DLL files in Windows
- Windows NT : C:\WINNT\System32\ folder
- Windows 2000 : C:\WINNT\System32\ folder
- Windows XP : C:\Windows\System32\ directory
- Windows Vista : C:\Windows\System32\ directory
- Windows 7 : C:\Windows\System32\ directory
- Windows 8 : C:\Windows\System32\ directory
- Windows 10 : C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ directory
- All 64 bit : C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ directory
After placing the DLL file into the destination you have to activate the file through a command prompt. To do this you have to click on the start button on your computer. Click on run and type “CMD”. you will see their command prompt option. You have to right-click on that and click on run as administrator. after that you have to copy this code regsvr32 /u api-ms-win-crt-multibyte-l1-1-0.dll and paste it in the command prompt windows. The next step is to copy this code regsvr32 api-ms-win-crt-multibyte-l1-1-0.dll and paste it again at the end of the command prompt windows. Now windows will automatically update the DLL file into your windows restart the windows your computer will work perfectly.
Other ways to Resolve api-ms-win-crt-multibyte-l1-1-0.dll
Some other ways through which you can resolve Api-Ms-Win-Crt-Multibyte-L1-1-0.Dll Is Missing from your computer error are windows pending updates. Pending updates are not only a security risk, but these pending windows updates can damage your OS files too like Atikmdag.sys. always keep your windows updated. If you are facing DLL missing issues try to resolve this by updating your windows. Sometimes reinstallation of software can work for you to get rid of errors. I would not suggest you this but you can resolve this type of error by installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable package. This is a heavy file to download as compared to download a separate DLL file.