Should I Redesign My Website Or Start From Scratch?
- 1 What is Meant by Redesigning A Website? (Quick Answer)
- 2 When is the Right Time to Redesign Your Website?
- 2.1 It’s For Rebranding Your Business
- 2.2 Your Website is Difficult to Navigate
- 2.3 You Want to Widen Your Product Portfolio
- 2.4 Your website is not mobile-friendly
- 4.1 You Don’t Have Access to Your CMS
- 4.2 You’re Experiencing Technical Issues
- 4.3 Technology Driving Your Website is Outdated
- 5.1 Conclusion
Are you considering a website redesign to update your current website or starting from scratch? It’s an important decision that could have significant financial and time implications. Redesigning a website can be extremely helpful in modernizing your online presence’s look, feel, and functionality.
On the other hand, starting over and gaining greater control of potential problems can be more cost-effective. This blog aims to clarify whether redesigning or starting fresh is best for updating your website design.
What is Meant by Redesigning A Website? (Quick Answer)
Redesigning a website involves changing the existing code to modernize its look, feel, and functionality. It is essentially an overhaul of the existing website and can often be time-consuming.
When is the Right Time to Redesign Your Website?
It’s For Rebranding Your Business
Your website will not reach its full potential unless it conveys your brand’s unique character. It’s essential to display who you are and what makes your website special, as most visitors could soon turn into customers.
When you choose to rebrand your business, several elements require thoughtful consideration. This could involve a new hue palette, logo, visuals, and font that must be incorporated into your brand’s online and offline representations.
Your Website is Difficult to Navigate
A website should always be easy to navigate, even with many pages. If users cannot search or find the information they’re looking for easily, they will likely become frustrated and lose interest in your website.
To ensure a smooth navigation process, web designers typically utilize a combination of menus, submenus, and links that help guide users to various pages.
You Want to Widen Your Product Portfolio
The purpose of a website redesign is to make it easier for customers to find what they’re looking for. If you’re planning to add more products to your existing portfolio, you may need to create a more dynamic and flexible website design.
Your website is not mobile-friendly
We live in a world of mobile-first design. And having a website that’s optimized for mobile devices is essential when it comes to staying competitive in the digital landscape.
By redesigning your website, Eggs Media can create a mobile-friendly experience that engages consumers and drives conversions.
Benefits of Redesigning Your Website
There are many benefits to redesigning your website. Here are a few:
- Keeps Your Website Up to Date: With a website redesign, Eggs Media can make sure that your website is up-to-date with the latest web design trends and technologies.
- Increased Website Traffic: A website redesign can help attract more visitors to your site by making it easier to navigate and providing a better user experience.
- Improved Conversion Rate: A website redesign can help improve your conversion rate by making it easier for visitors to find the information they’re looking for and take action.
- Improved Brand Image: A website redesign can also help you create a better overall brand image by making it more professional and modern.
Starting From Scratch
Starting from scratch involves rebuilding an existing website or creating a new one entirely without using any pre-existing code or structure.
When Should You Rebuild Your Website From Scratch?
You Don’t Have Access to Your CMS
If you don’t have access to the content management system (CMS) or code used to create your website, making the necessary changes to update your website may be difficult. In this case, it’s best to start from scratch and create a new website that meets your needs.
You’re Experiencing Technical Issues
If your website is plagued with technical issues, it may be worth starting from scratch in order to create a functionally sound website.
Technology Driving Your Website is Outdated
Over time, technology advancements render certain web design techniques and systems outdated.
For example, suppose your website was built using static HTML a while ago. In that case, likely, you can no longer access more modern or complex plugins and features found on content management frameworks such as WordPress.
If the technology driving your website is outdated, it’s time to rebuild from scratch, which can help ensure that your website is equipped with the latest technologies and features.
Benefits of Starting From Scratch
- Flexibility: When you start from scratch, you can create a website that meets your exact specifications.
- Scalability: Starting from scratch also allows you to scale your website in order to accommodate future growth and changes.
- Improved Security: Starting from scratch also ensures that your website is more secure and free from potential security vulnerabilities.
- Improved Performance: Building a website from scratch also allows you to create a highly optimized site that performs better than an existing one.
When it comes to deciding between redesigning your website or starting from scratch, there are several factors that need to be taken into consideration. Depending on the website’s purpose and your budget, either option can help you create an effective and successful online presence.
At Eggs Media, their team of experts is here to help determine the best option for your website. From helping you decide between redesigning or starting from scratch to providing a comprehensive analysis of the performance and security of your site, they can provide you with the resources needed to make an informed decision. For more queries and information you can visit us @https://eggsmedia.com/website-design-agency-toronto/.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the difference between a website redesign and starting from scratch?
A: A website redesign involves making changes to an existing website while starting from scratch involves rebuilding or creating an entirely new one.
Q: What does redesigning a website involve?
A: Redesigning a website involves making changes to the existing code and design to improve its performance, usability, and overall look. This can include updating the layout, color scheme, navigation structure, content, and more.
Q: Is building a website from scratch hard?
A: Building a website from scratch can be complicated and time-consuming, depending on the website’s purpose and complexity level. That being said, there are various tools and resources available online that can make the process easier.