8 Digital Marketing Trends to Watch for in 2022
Over 70% of businesses say converting leads into customers is their top priority. Unfortunately, 65% of businesses struggle to generate leads in the first place. If you’re not developing a digital marketing plan, you could fall behind.
Here are eight digital marketing trends that can help you take the lead in 2022. With these tips, you can draw more website traffic and leads with ease. You can get a step ahead of the competition to set your business up for success.
Don’t miss the chance to generate brand awareness, leads, or sales. Instead, give your marketing strategy the boost it needs!
8 Digital Marketing Trends to Watch for in 2022
Start using these eight 2022 marketing trends and set yourself up for success today.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) can help your website content rank higher on Google. Improving your rankings will place your site in front of more customers. You can generate brand awareness and website traffic through SEO.
- It’s no longer enough to improve your search engine rankings, though. You also need to make sure your content appeals to the user’s search intent.
- Otherwise, another website might rank ahead of you by appearing in Position Zero, above other organic results.
- Consumers no longer have to click on a link in a Google search to find the information they need. Instead, Google now displays a summary at the top page of a search. More businesses are trying to reach Position Zero to appeal to no-click searches.
- Position Zero displays content in different formats, including summaries, lists, and even videos.
- If you want to improve your SEO digital marketing strategy this year, start by focusing on search intent. Determine what questions your customers are asking during a search. Then, create content that answers their questions.
- Type a brief answer to their question at the beginning of your post. Then, go into more detail throughout the post.
- Your brief answer might appear as a featured snippet in Position Zero.
- You can also improve your chances of appearing at the top of the page by formatting your posts with snippets in mind. For example, you can use numbered lists or bullet points.
- Appearing for no-click searches will help you generate more brand awareness. Even if consumers don’t visit your website, they’ll still see your content and brand. They’ll begin to recognize you have the answers to their questions more often.
- Then, they might visit your website directly, improving your search engine rankings further.
- Nearly 50% of consumers are using voice assistants for general web searches.
- As you work on developing your search engine optimization marketing strategy this year, consider appealing to voice searches.
- Over 40% of all voice search answers come from a featured snippet. Appealing to voice searches could help you appear in position zero, too.
- The typical voice search result is only 29 words in length, though. Make sure you’re formatting your posts with voice searches in mind. Remember to create a brief answer to the questions your customers are asking.
- About 75% of all voice search results rank in the top three for that search query. Appealing to voice searches could improve your search engine rankings. Then, you can draw more people to your website as a result.
- Consumers don’t have to type a search query into Google to find what they need. They can also use images when searching online. For example, someone might upload a photo of a plant to determine the species.
- Consumers can also use visual searches to determine where to purchase products online.
- Consider optimizing your photos as you follow these marketing trends. First, create a descriptive file name. Consider your SEO target keyword as well.
- Then, add alternative text (alt tags) to the image. You could start appearing for relevant voice searches as a result.
As you prepare your digital marketing strategy for 2022, consider your online reputation. Consumers read reviews to determine if they can trust your brand. If you don’t have a strong online reputation, consumers might take their business elsewhere.
Encourage your customers to post their reviews online. You can direct them to your Google My Business listing to get started.
Google Verified Listings
As part of your SEO strategy, consider your local SEO as well. Local SEO will help you draw more consumers to your website and store. Start by updating your Google My Business listings.
Your Google My Business listing can help consumers find your:
- Address/directions to your storefront
- Phone number
- Customer reviews
- Business hours
- Photos and videos
Having Google verified listings, such as your Google My Business listing, will help consumers find you online. Verified businesses are considered more trustworthy, too. Consumers might choose your business over a competitor’s if you’re verified.
Video content is a great way to keep your target audience informed and engaged. As you develop your content marketing strategy, plan for more video content.
For example, you can create helpful tutorials or vlogs. Reformat an old, long blog post into a video series. Then, optimize your video content for searches.
Consider working with a team like Pounce Marketing to get started.
Companies are using augmented reality among these 2022 marketing trends to keep consumers engaged.
For example, beauty brands are allowing consumers to try on different beauty products. IKEA and Amazon allow consumers to see how furniture will look in their living spaces.
You can use augmented reality to encourage consumers to interact with your products.
As part of your social media marketing strategy, consider creating shoppable posts.
Consumers don’t have to leave their social media apps to shop from your store. Instead, they can click on a photo to make a purchase from the app. Creating shoppable posts could help you boost sales and your ROI.
Make sure you’re using high-quality images of your products before you start posting.
Set for Growth and Success: 8 Digital Marketing for Success in 2022
Don’t let your digital marketing strategy grow old and stale. Instead, use these 2022 marketing trends for success next year. With this marketing guide, you can get leagues ahead of the competition with ease.
Set yourself up for growth and success with these marketing tips today.
Searching for more helpful tips and tricks? You’ve come to the right place!
Check out our latest guides today for more.