5 Tips For Monetising Pinterest In 2023
Pinterest is almost certainly one of the most underrated social media platforms in the world. Is it even possible to make money through the website? The short answer is yes!
In this article, we’re going to share 5 tips for monetising Pinterest in 2023. If you are in an industry that relies heavily on visual marketing, stick around and give this article a read.
Is it possible to make money through Pinterest?
Yep! There are several ways you can earn through Pinterest:
- Partner with other brands.
- Make your Pins ‘shoppable’.
- Affiliate marketing.
- Create lead magnets for email marketing.
- Link to Etsy / Shopify.
- Drive traffic to your website.
These are all highly viable ways of monetising Pinterest in 2023. Simply pick an approach that works best for your business and start building from there.
Of course, what do you actually need to do to start earning? Let’s share some quick tips to get you started…
5 tips for monetising Pinterest
So, what do you need to do to start making some actual cash?! Let’s get stuck in…
- Create your business account: First of all, you need to sign up for a business account on Pinterest. This is an essential step if you wish to earn money through Pinterest and you can also gain access to some handy additional features.
- Claim your website: Assuming that you have a website for your business already, the next step is to claim it through Pinterest. The process is as simple as going to your Settings > Claim > and then selecting the option to add your website.
- Build your profile and optimise it: thirdly it is time to start populating your Pinterest profile with some key information. Make sure you include some well-researched focus keywords. This is a critical step to ensuring that the right people are able to find you.
- Start creating Pinterest Boards: Next, you need to start creating some quality Pinterest Boards. Aim for at least 8 to 10 to get you started and make sure that they are both searchable and relevant to your products/services.
- Optimise your Boards: Of course, creating your boards and adding beautiful imagery is one thing, but optimising them correctly for ‘searchability’ is another thing entirely. For the best results, you must:
- Write quality board descriptions that accurately describe the purpose of the board and how it can benefit the user – including lots of well-researched keywords. You’ve got 500 words at your disposal so make every single one count!
- Enable rich pins in order to display additional metadata on the pin itself, thus making your boards easier to find while similarly providing additional value to your users.
If you commit yourself to the above and create high-quality, well-optimised Pinterest boards, the likelihood of your users engaging and taking the appropriate action will be much higher. Take your time, do the necessary research, know your audience, and use every tool available to you.
Alternatively, if you have neither the time nor the desire to start wasting time on Pinterest, you can hire a social media marketing agency and let them take care of the hard work for you instead.
Either way, we wish you the best of luck with making money through Pinterest in 2023.