9 essential tips to create your content marketing strategy
- 1.1 Segment your audience
- 1.1.1 Don’t settle for just knowing the demographics of your target audience. Answer questions like:
- 1.2 Know your value proposition
- 1.3 Set your goals
- 1.3.1 You will need to include various metrics, depending on your goals, but some of those may be focused in terms of:
- 1.4 Get to know the Buyer’s Journey and follow it
- 1.5 Create a list of keywords
- 1.5.1 Remember that there are two types of keywords:
- 1.5.2 There are several tools to make a selection of useful and relevant words for your audience. Some of them are:
- 1.6 Determine the type of content to be published and the communication channels
- 1.6.1 There are various formats to share content, some of them are:
- 1.6.2 So that you can determine what type of content you should focus on, answer questions like:
- 1.7 Create a publication calendar
- 1.8 Measure the results
- 1.9 Results and benefits
Content marketing is a very useful approach to marketing to add value to users, but if the establishment of the methodology is not strategic, definitely will not help to improve the organic positioning.
Top 9 Essential Tips To Create Your Content Marketing Strategy
If you think your website is nice and functional but none of that attracts the right traffic, you should definitely read this article.
Segment your audience
Definitely a fundamental step in creating a value proposition. Sometimes people want to go short in order to see quick results. Do not do it.
You can learn that how to start a blog in India or in any other country. It is much better to take a little longer but to have valuable and profitable results. Start working with details from the beginning. If you already have a content marketing strategy, we recommend that you review it and make sure that your target audience is correct. Analyzing this point periodically will give you better results.
Define who your target audience is and find out where those audiences are, what content they interact with the most, and when they do so.
Don’t settle for just knowing the demographics of your target audience. Answer questions like:
- What do you like to do?
- What are your motivators?
- What problems do they face?
- Why do they look for things related to your service?
Know your value proposition
Today there is too much competition. If you are going to offer the same as everyone, standing out will be quite complex.
The content will help you distinguish yourself and provide opportunities to clarify why they should buy from you and not from the competition. If you want people to buy from you, they must first be willing to listen to you. Create opportunities like that with valuable content for them.
Set your goals
It will be useless to work if you don’t know where you are going. You have to be clear about your objectives, where you want to go, in how long, etc. Remember that your goals should be SMART. In English: specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and measurable over time.
To be clear about these goals, you will need to establish key performance indicators (KPIs) for your content marketing strategy.
You will need to include various metrics, depending on your goals, but some of those may be focused in terms of:
Get to know the Buyer’s Journey and follow it
Before creating a content marketing strategy, you need to know when, where, and how to reach your target audience.
Get to know the Buyer’s Journey and discover what it is that leads them to be reading your content at different stages. You need to include emotions, thoughts, and expectations at every touchpoint on the journey. This will help guide your content and channel and will result in highly relevant material for current and potential customers.
Create a list of keywords
Your Buyer Persona is the one who will determine where you are going to publish, how and what. You need to be prepared and know what they are going to look for and how.
Remember that there are two types of keywords:
- Short tail: very generic keywords. An example is “bicycle“, positioning yourself for a word like that would take too long and it is very likely that you are not what they are looking for. Maybe the person looking for this just wants to know what year it was invented and you offer bicycles made with bamboo.
- Long tail: the set of keywords, must be at least three. Continuing with the example, the keyword could be “bicycles made with bamboo”. Obviously, the traffic they will attract to your page will be much lower, but of higher quality.
We recommend you generate keywords from both rankings, but put much more emphasis on long-tail words, since not only will the competition be lower, more segmented, and with a lower cost, but you will obtain a higher conversion percentage.
There are several tools to make a selection of useful and relevant words for your audience. Some of them are:
- Google keyword planner
- Keyword Tool
- Neil App
Determine the type of content to be published and the communication channels
There are various formats to share content, some of them are:
- Social media
- Animated Videos
You should choose the ones that are correct for your audience according to the study that you previously conducted of your target audience.
So that you can determine what type of content you should focus on, answer questions like:
- What is the intention behind these searches?
- What kind of content do they grab their attention and consume?
- What problems are they trying to solve?
The longer you have been with your content marketing strategy, you will begin to have more notion of where your audience is. Always keep in mind that it is better to focus on what is working and expand from this, rather than trying to do everything at once.
Create a publication calendar
A content marketing strategy has to be well-founded and registered. You must have order and clarity of the objectives, your keywords to position, time of purchase for the user, reasons why it is there, and an appropriate follow-up.
You will find that the more content you have, the more you will need it. It will be impossible for you to remember everything and do a correct follow-up without the proper scheduling.
Measure the results
Measure, always measure.
You have to know what is working and the only way to really know is through your results, not through assumptions.
Always review your analytics and create a monthly report template according to your previously established goals.
Results and benefits
Creating a content marketing strategy requires being clear about your goals and value proposition. In addition, it is necessary to know the interests of your target audience and then improve with each iteration.
It is a strategy that requires time and patience but well implemented, it can bring excellent results for your business.