How to Login To Vandalmail?
- 2.1 Step 1: Let’s get started
- 2.2 Step 2: How to change your password
- 2.3 Step 3: Type in the code again
- 2.4 Step 4: Look for your account
- 2.5 Step 5: Make sure it’s you
- 2.6 Step 6: Set up your protection information
- 2.7 Step 7: Set a password
- 2.8 Step 8: Possible vandalism card
- 2.9 Step 9: Two-factor authentication (optional)
When you sign up, you will be given a VandalMail email account. Students at the University of Idaho must either register and utilize their VandalMail email account for correspondence connected to ISI courses or set up email forwarding from their VandalMail account to another email account.
How to use vandalmail?
If you are a present student, you can use the steps below to log in to VandalMail Outlook.
- Go to www.websites.uidaho.edu.
- Type in your NetID or login name.
- To log in, enter your password.
- You can now check your VandalMail for emails.
Faculty use VandalWeb to get information about their classes and how to help students. VandalWeb can be accessed from any computer that can connect to the internet.
How to get Started with your Troll Student Account
Your NetID is a username and password. It is usually the first four letters of your last name and the last four numbers of your V-Number (for example, vand1234). This NetID user name and password (which you will set in the steps below) give you access to university computers and electronic tools like Student Vandalmail, VandalWeb, Wireless Access, BbLearn, student software, Campus Computer Labs, kiosks, and many more. Follow the steps below to set up a new account for a student.
Step 1: Let’s get started
ITS has made a step-by-step page to help new University of Idaho students set up their NetID accounts for the first time. Go to https://vandalsetup.uidaho.edu to start the process. As part of setting up your account, you’ll need to create a password to keep your information safe. You will need your Vandal number or the email address you gave on your application to start setting up your account.
Your Vandal Number is an eight-digit number that starts with a V and looks like Vxxxxxxxx (e.g., V12345678). It can be found on your official letter of acceptance to the University of Idaho. If you already know one of these two things, you can move on to step 2.
Step 2: How to change your password
Click the link at the end of “Start the password reset process” on the first page of the Vandal Setup process to go to help.uidaho.edu. This takes you to the page where you can change your password.
Step 3: Type in the code again
Click the “Continue” button once you have either entered the information that you see in the “re-captcha” box or clicked the “I’m not a robot” box.
Step 4: Look for your account
On the next screen, you’ll be asked to enter your account name, ID number (this is your Vandal Number), or email address so the system can find your account. Click the “Lookup” button and enter your Vandal number or the email address you used on our application to find your account.
If you get an error message that says “Account has not been set up for password reset,” call the Student Technology Centre at 208-885-4357 for help.
Step 5: Make sure it’s you
Your application to the University of Idaho will be used to fill in the list of confirmed contacts. Choose an email address or phone number, then click “Send Code.” This will send a temporary code to your phone or email, depending on which you choose. Get this code from your email, a different window, or your phone, and type the six-digit code into the “Enter Verification Code” text box.
Step 6: Set up your protection information
After you put in the code, you’ll be taken to the page where you can control your account. Here, you’ll be asked to set up your security profile (read more about your security profile). You will be able to change your password in the future if you do this.
Step 7: Set a password
After you decide whether or not to set up your security profile, you can set a password for your account by clicking “Change Password” under “Account Utilities.” Watch the red text below the password boxes. This text will tell you if your password is good enough. Remember that this mix of a login and a password is your NetID. It is your main way to log in to UI computer tools like VandalMail.
Step 8: Possible vandalism card
You can get a Vandal Card if that’s what you want to do.
Step 9: Two-factor authentication (optional)
You can skip this step. You will have to set up Duo Multi-Factor before you can start classes. But you have 30 days until you have to set it up.
How Do I change my NetID account password if I forget it?
If you can’t remember your password and need to change it, you can use your security profile to log in and change it.
- Go to the address help.uidaho.edu.
- “Click here to reset your password” is a link you can click.
- Now you have to enter the CAPTCHA and click the “Continue” button.
- Enter one of the following in the text box:
- Username for the account (NetID)
- Student Number Vandal (V) Number
- Email address (it must be in your U of I file)
- Use the button “Lookup” to find your account.
- Choose a friend you can reach and click “send code” to send a verification code to this person’s email or phone number.
- Once the verification code has been sent to the person you chose, type it into the “Enter Verification Code” box.
- Click Keep Going.
- Enter the answers to the security questions. Remember that the answers are case-sensitive and must be longer than 5 characters.
- Click Continue to go to the page where you can change the password for your account.