Four ways a good UI helps improve conversion rates
Today, more than half of the people living in the world rely on mobile phones or laptops for every purpose, whether work-related or purchasing stuff online. By using this knowledge, businesses have diverted their attention to improving the quality of website design to provide customers with a better user experience. Website design and usability are the two critical factors determining the quality of the owner’s site and affecting the customer experience. How all of this is interrelated is further explained.
Suppose you visited a website to buy something but couldn’t figure out how to traverse the page, leading to closing the current site and searching elsewhere. The reason why you closed the first website was due to the unattractive or low-quality user interface design. User interface design is a pathway between the user and the website. It encompasses every aspect of how every business website interacts with the user, from general design to the amount of available information.
Most websites fail to make an impression because they deliver the elements needed to attract users and generate traffic. The kind of back-end design of the website, from icons to menu, ensures that the audience has front end technology experience. One of the main reasons user interface is also of significant importance is visual search, which has gained momentum in recent years. It has offered people the comfort of buying with the help of advanced image search technology, thus setting a high bar for every retailer to meet customers’ needs.
Besides increasing traffic, an effective user interface design helps with conversion rates. According to an article published in The Guardian, it takes 0.1 seconds to make a first impression; for websites, forming an opinion takes even less.
The number of visitors buying from your website is determined by their online experience, which depends on several factors like the website’s speed, font, symmetry, and product visibility. Attention to detail is what converts potential visitors into customers. If you want to grow your business online and gain numerous customers, here are a few tips on increasing conversion rates with a good User interface.
Four ways a good UI helps improve conversion rates
Work on the Call to Action button
- In most cases, the visitor closes your website even after finalizing a purchase because they couldn’t find the call to action button.
- The purpose of this button, as clear from the name, is to allow customers to buy an item, share feedback, or sign up for a service.
- For an effective CTA button, its location must catch the customer’s eye. Most businesses’ site performs poorly because they don’t have a CTA link or a button.
- So what sets apart an attractive CTA? Let’s take a look.
- Keeping in mind that the audience should know what to do when they visit your website, make sure the CTA is to the point and concise. A few examples of a good CTA button or link are Shop, Order Now, Buy Now, or Download.
- The purpose of CTA is to offer a solution to the customer’s problem. Therefore, one of the effective strategies to attract customers is to first highlight their problem before providing the solution.
- One of the crucial factors in expanding the chain of customers is the placement of the CTA button. For instance, if the page is small with little information, place the CTA above the folder and below the folder for longer pages.
- Your goal is to maximize the conversion rates, and implementing these strategies is the key.
- The goal is to convert visitors into buyers when businesses build an e-commerce website. This is where website navigation plays a significant role in helping companies to reach their targets.
- Users get easily frustrated when they experience roadblocks and cannot find what they are looking for, eventually leading to a high bounce rate. On the other hand, a well-optimized website adds value to the customer experience.
- Hence, for a smooth shopping experience, work on website navigation by ensuring the standard elements like the menu bar are where are highlighted and easy to navigate to, making the website easier to use.
- Ensure the website is limited to a few items because a cluttered homepage only puts off customers. A way of providing clear navigation is by arranging the products in the general hierarchy to specific ones to improve product visibility.
- Consumers today want solutions without investing efforts or time, which is what predictive search or autocomplete ensures. To enhance user experience, websites, with the help of user queries, provide suggestions accordingly.
Optimize loading speed
- Many businesses believe that to increase conversion rates, all that is required is to set up a website with every element in the right place. However, that is not the entire picture; the loading speed of a website plays a huge role.
- It takes less than 5 seconds to load a webpage; if it takes more than that, consider optimizing the loading speed.
- One way of optimizing the loading speed is to compress files without compromising the quality. It reduces load times, and the standard practice is to use GZIP.
- This type of file format locates strings of similar code in your text files, temporarily replacing them to reduce the file size.
- Another method is to choose the right hosting options; although new site owners go with the cheapest option, once traffic increases, an upgrade is required.
Include Chat Bots
- Even with all the relevant information products users seek, they are likely to have queries that need answers which is what having a chatbot is about.
- Besides helping users with their queries, chatbots convey product information depending on their activity. The fundamental strategy to increase conversion rates is to retain customers’ interest and keep them engaged.
- Surprising the buyer with an offer or a friendly message is an effective tool to ensure that the buyers make a complete checkout. Chatbots are efficient because they interpret and process user phrases to provide an instant pre-set answer, thus streamlining customer service.
- Along with including chatbots, work on improving the bot to make it conversational and enhance customer interaction.
When every individual relies on the internet for various tasks, a website’s user interface holds significant importance. The sole purpose of the user interface is to enhance the website’s functionality and meet customers’ expectations.
Every business owner has gradually accepted the advanced era of living, ultimately compelling them to work on ways to double the profit and beat the competition.
A good user interface is a key to depicting what the customer demands. Following the mentioned tips ensures your product is more accessible to the buyers and urges them to keep coming back for more.