Beat Business Trip Boredom by Following these 5 Tips
Business trips can be great. They can also be boring.
That doesn’t have to be the case. There’s always going to be some downtime. Use that to your advantage.
Five ways to keep from getting bored on your next business trip
- You aren’t traveling for fun.
- Take the extra time to get some work done.
- One of the most common problems while traveling is internet connection.
- Most airports and train stations have wifi now.
- You can also use your phone to create an internet hotspot.
- Still, it’s best to stay prepared. See if there’s work you can do offline.
- You can probably get more done than you’d think. It just requires a bit more planning. However, you will save time.
- Travel is a great chance to get some busywork done.
- You probably have lots of emails to answer. Or you might have a stack of reports to read. Use your waiting time to get these things out of the way.
- You’ll be surprised how much you can get done while traveling.
- You need to be comfortable on a trip.
- Having a good place to sleep is the most important part of that.
- See about booking a good hotel or cool apartment.
- If you find an interesting place to stay, it will keep you from getting bored.
- Maybe there’s a boutique hotel that’s neat. Sometimes it isn’t the housing itself that’s interesting. The location could be really cool.
- Here’s a good resource on housing for business travelers.
- Everyone’s needs are different. Some employees will need a hotel with a gym.
- Others won’t really care about where they stay.
- Know what is important to you or your staff. You don’t want them to be frustrated about their hotel. It will only distract from the work itself.
- The most important thing is comfort.
- If you aren’t comfortable while traveling for work, you won’t work well. You need to have an environment that is conducive to work.
- Plan accordingly by booking a good place to stay.
Pack Some Games
- Be old fashioned and take a deck of cards.
- There are plenty of games you can play with cards.
- Most card games are easy to teach. They aren’t as complicated as chess or backgammon. And everyone can play cards.
- If you’re with a group, pack a board game.
- It’s a great way to socialize with other people while traveling.
- Don’t be afraid to ask a stranger if they’d like to play with you. The worst they could say is no. And you might form a valuable friendship.
- Phone games can be entertaining. They are good when you’re traveling by yourself and bored. But they aren’t as social as an old-fashioned game.
- There are games you can play on your own.
- Solitaire is the most classic game for travelers. But there are others.
- You can find travel versions of most popular board games.
- There’s more to entertainment than games.
- It’s easier than ever to stay entertained. As long as you have an internet connection, you can access streaming services.
- Check and see if there’s a show in your destination.
- Maybe there is an interesting play. Or maybe the cinema is showing something interesting. Ask people if there’s live music.
- Books are great for travel. Here is a list of the best business books for 2022.
- You don’t need an internet connection to read.
- Books are also great conversation starters. People might ask about what you’re reading.
- Just make sure you don’t pack books that are too heavy.
Do Something New
- Step out of your comfort zone.
- Use your downtime to take up a new hobby.
- Maybe you’ve always wanted to learn to crochet.
- There are lots of things you can do when you’ve got a bit of extra time. You could use a language learning app. Or you could take up photography.
- Do something creative.
- Creativity will keep your mind off of business. It will also help you engage with your location.
- Do whatever you need to do to stop yourself from getting bored.
Business travel shouldn’t be boring. If you plan well, it can be exciting and fulfilling. All you need is a good attitude.