Everything you need to know about Full Body Checkup for male
- 0.1 Why a Full Body Check-Up is Important?
- 0.2 What are the Different Tests included in Full Body Checkups?
A Full Body Check Up involves a complete health checkup of your entire body. This might include examination of your heart, kidney, liver, lungs, and much more. By performing a full-body health check-up, your doctor can assess your current health status and get to know if you have any abnormalities lying inside your body.
So, it can be said that a full body health checkup can ring the bell early if there exist any symptoms of fatal diseases. For example, cardiovascular diseases, respiratory diseases, cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure, digestive diseases, etc.
For Full body checkups, you must visit the best diagnostic center near me to get accurate test results.
Why a Full Body Check-Up is Important?
- It is highly important to go for a full-body health checkup at least once in a year to know about your health, and being aware of your health can motivate you to follow a healthy lifestyle.
- A full body check becomes highly crucial, especially in fatal diseases like cancer. This is because an early diagnosis could help us to prevent or manage the disease and increase the life span.
- Additionally, a complete body assessment should be of utmost priority in instances of history of a pre-existing disease and family history of illness. Also, for anyone who has an unhealthy and hectic lifestyle.
- We are all living in the current fast-paced times and as a result of which we all are leading a very stressful lifestyle. This has ultimately resulted in stress-induced health issues. Hence, it is suggested that you get your full body checkups done regularly to prevent the onset of any disease.
- Due to the high levels of pollution, food contamination, and adulteration; the average human immunity power is challenged. This creates a path for preventive health checkups.
- Keeping all these details in mind, many health centers have designed exclusive full-body checkup packages. These packages allow you to go for the most comprehensive checkup. The health checkup packages are designed in such a way that it covers all the important and relevant tests.
What are the Different Tests included in Full Body Checkups?
A complete health check-up package offers you more than 60 tests. These tests are performed with expert counseling by a doctor. Some of the vital tests included in full-body screening are the following:-
- Blood and urine tests
- Lipid Profile Test
- Chest X-Ray
- ECG & 2D Echo Cardiography
- Vitamin Check
- Ultrasonography of abdomen & pelvis
- Thyroid Function Tests
- Kidney Function Test
- Liver function tests
- Pulmonary Lung Function tests
- Diabetes tests
- Hepatitis B tests
Key Tests to Include in Your Annual Full Body Check-up for Male
When you decide to go for an annual full body checkup, your doctor will recommend you to go for the following:-
It is a general health checkup. During the physical examination, your doctor will spend time listening to your concerns and recommend preventive screenings if need be. The medical professional will perform a physical exam to:-
- Examine your body temperature, heart, and respiration rate
- Comprehend whether your lifestyle poses any particular risks
- Analyze if you have a family history of certain illnesses
- Check your vaccination status
Blood Pressure Check
This will enable the doctor to check for high or low blood pressure which can affect the flow of blood to your brain and the rest of your body. High blood pressure can lead to medical conditions such as stroke, a heart attack, or kidney disease. However, keeping a proper check on blood pressure will help prevent these ailments. Men aged 45 and above, especially those who are at risk of high blood pressure, should get this test done every year.
Lipid profile and cholesterol test
A lipid profile test checks for irregularities with the cholesterol and triglycerides in your blood. A rise in cholesterol levels can cause arteries to narrow, thus, putting you at risk of a heart attack or a stroke. This test can be conducted every 5 years and you may need to get tested more frequently if you have risk factors such as diabetes, a family history of stroke, or a heart attack.
It is important that older men who are above the age of 40 should get checked for colon and prostate cancer regularly. According to reports, in India, the mean age for rectal cancer is 40-45 years. And, the risk increases substantially after 50 years for Prostate cancer. Since this type of cancer doesn’t always show symptoms, it is essential to go for early screenings.
Depending on your medical condition, your doctor may also recommend a few additional tests. From the above discussion, a conclusion that can be drawn is that an annual full-body medical checkup is absolutely essential to prevent sudden illnesses and at the same time keep an overall check on your health.