Keeping Your Massage Chair: Tips And Tricks
Massage chairs are a great way to relax and unwind. The industry is booming with innovations and designs. However, over time these chairs can become dirty or worn from use. If you want your massage chair to last for years, here are some tips and tricks that will help keep it clean and functioning correctly.
Tips To Clean Your Massage Chair
Massage chairs like the JPMedics Kumo massage chair are no different than other furniture in your home. They need to be cleaned regularly, and their surfaces can become dirty over time with use.
- To clean the surfaces of the massage chair, use a mild detergent and warm water to wipe down the surface. Wipe away any dirt or stains with a cloth or paper towel, then rinse it off using clear water. Do not use strong cleaning products such as ammonia on your massage chair because they can damage its parts over time.
- To clean the seat cushioning of the massage chair, remove any stuffing or padding underneath the cushion’s main surface. Spray it with water and wipe away any dirt or stains using a damp cloth. Let it air dry before putting back stuffing.
- To clean the back and the armrests of the massage chair, use the same technique as you did for the seat cushion, but also make sure to remove any dust from the surfaces, so they don’t contact the skin during a massage session.
- To clean the back cover and headrest of the massage chair, you can also use a vacuum cleaner to remove any dust or dirt that may accumulate on the surface from regular use. Or you can wipe down the surface with a damp cloth and mild detergent.
- If you have an upholstery massage chair, make sure to take care of any spills as soon as possible and take the chair to a professional if necessary.
- To clean recliner chairs, vacuum the surfaces and wipe down any dirty areas with a damp cloth and mild detergent.
- To clean an electric massage chair or massage chairs that have built-in USB outlets and other buttons like the Daiwa Supreme Hybrid, do not use water because it can damage your electrical components over time. If you need to clean something such as grease stains off of this type of chair, use a damp towel or paper towels that have been soaked in vinegar.
What to avoid doing to massage chairs:
Taking care of your massage chair will keep it looking and functioning its best and help protect the investment you have made in this product. Here are things to avoid doing to make sure it lasts for years.
- Do not let pets sleep on the chair or eat near it.
- Please don’t allow children to play with the chair and its parts.
- Avoid spilling liquids of any kind onto your massage chair like a fountain, teapot, etc., as this can damage it over time.
- Do not let your massage chair get too hot because this can cause the fabric to shrink.
- Do not allow people with sensitive skin near the surface of the massage chair, as certain fabrics and cleaning products may irritate their skin.
- Do not leave them in direct sunlight if you have an upholstery or synthetic leather massage chair because it may fade over time.
Other Tips and Tricks
When the massage chair is not being used, make sure it’s covered up and out of direct sunlight because this can cause any leather surfaces to dry out or crack over time. To prevent leather surfaces from cracking, you can use oils or creams.
Massage chairs with an upholstery surface such as the Osaki Maestro LE massage chair should also be stored in a room between 60-75 degrees Fahrenheit to prevent the fabric from fading and shrinking over time. Using it too much may damage your chair because it may cause the upholstery fabric to wrinkle or discolor.
To keep the internal machinery of your massage chair in optimal condition, make sure you use it regularly. If you don’t use the chair at least once a week, it may cause its parts to rust or break down. It’s better to contact a professional in dealing with electrical issues on massage chairs. Trying to fix it yourself may result in more complications or will end up ruining your massage chair.
Massage chairs are an excellent investment for anyone who wants to relax and enjoy themselves after a long day. To keep them in optimal condition, homeowners should invest some time caring for their chairs by following the tips mentioned above.